A/Prof Craig Allingham
Australian Sports, Exercise & Men’s Health Physiotherapist
I have run shoulder workshops for physios here and overseas for many years, and I always remarked that a frozen shoulder is one thing I would hate to endure. Well, be careful what you wish for – on March 2nd 2019 I ‘caught’ Frozen Shoulder in my dominant arm.
I have learned more about adhesive capsulitis progressing to frozen shoulder in the last two years than I learned in the first 30 years of my career.
I also had the opportunity to observe the process, trial interventions and learn from the outcomes during this unwelcome opportunity. As a result, I have progressed my approach to managing clients with this condition. My suffering can help your clients too.
In this one hour live online session you will learn what helps and what doesn’t. You will develop an understanding from the client perspective and what they are hoping you can provide. We will cover:
- The natural history of the condition across the stages
- Early recognition that might allow pre-emptive action to control loss of function
- The special role of the long head of biceps in the loss of range
- The most effective exercises to maintain and restore mobility (I had to invent a few new ones)
- How to keep the client focused, realistic and compliant with your program (holistic management)
In addition to the webinar, you will have access to video resources of new and effective exercises to add to your repertoire.
Course Fee $59 (AUD) – payment via credit card or PayPal account. Taxes added according to your location.
When is the next Frozen Shoulder webinar?
Check out the Events listings to the right of page. If it shows up, it is on the schedule. If you want to go on a notification list, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org listing the events you would like to be notified of.