May 23 & 24, 2020
Two day course with Dr Jo Milios and A/Prof Craig Allingham for physios looking to break into or improve their scope of practice into men's health. Particularly men's pelvic health associated with prostate disease, cancer, surgery, recovery, continence and erectile dysfunction, pain and fitness.
Craig and Dr. Jo will be delivering two-days of comprehensive men's health science, clinical skills and delivery strategies, including -
- Effective health communication skills for men
- Male urinary system function & dysfunction
- Male erectile function and failure to launch
- Prostate gland anatomy, function and disease
- Prostate cancer onset, development, diagnosis and treatment pathways
- Physio in prostate cancer recovery of continence, ED and fitness
- Physio for Peyronie's Disease
- Male pelvic pain and mechanical treatment
- Down-training the over-active male pelvic floor
- Active Surveillance - role of physio
- Integrating men's health into your facility
This event is for those interested in working more effectively with men and keen to learn skills in men's pelvic health. There is no internal component to the workshop.
The workshop is appropriate for those already working in men's health as well as physios thinking it might be a future interest or career move.