The Everyday Foot and Ankle
A/Prof Craig Alingham
Saturday July 20, 2019
Melbourne, APA Office in Camberwell most likely
This event is being hosted by the Australian Physiotherapy Association Musculoskeletal Group.
Course fees vary according to your category of membership.
Non-members of the APA and the MSG are welcome to attend.
Registration is through the APA Professional Development Portal
Click here to register.
- Clinical Anatomy Review (sounds boring but is really a great catch up)
- Functional assessment of gait, jump, hop, squat, rise on toes
- Tibialis Posterior dysfunction evaluation and treatment
- Principles of orthotic prescription
- Taping, taping and some more taping
- Specific Condition Management for: Plantar Fasciopathy, Tendo Achilles degeneration or injury, Syndesmosis injury, Hallux arthritis and 'simple' ankle sprains
- Exercise Rehab - specific retraining for lower limb to improve balance, proprioception (different things), strength, power, agility and range.
This course is very much a 'shoes off' practical workshop and participants are invited to participate as fully as their cranky feet will let them.
Comments from Participants:
Anatomy review was excellent, and the taping was new to me. The exercise section was thought provoking and brought new ways of thinking particularly about proprioception. (Joan McLeod, UK)
Loved the use of taping to control symptoms and unload tissues - allows patient to start exercises earlier and safer.(Clive Dunne, Sydney)